March 8, 2012

It's already March!

We're coming into the final stretch, only to be stretched like a rubberband.  This will be the last week before we take a much needed break. 

Last week, my neice visited and we did a couple of outings: Friday we did the zoo before our membership ran out...
Sat. was Sea World.  That was a fun time, but very tiring...walking, walking everywhere.

She left on Sunday, early.

On Tuesday, Isaac had an orthodontist appointment to cast his teeth for braces!















I am looking forward to chronicling this adventure and the changes these braces are going to make in Isaac's life.

Love and I have been seriously interceding for these two boy-men.  The changes have been phenomenal, too.  Just last night, sitting away from each other in the youth service, they both recommitted their lives to Jesus and until they sat down together in their small group did they know. 

What I've been learning over the last month or so is that for way too long, this mommy has been crying for change for them, when the reality is that this mommy has needed to change.  Change my responses to their 'behavior', change my approach to being in authority over them-i.e.: not pushy, bossy, but kind, patient, confident and sweet~  things that haven't come 'naturally' to me.

Suffice to say, God is working and we're in this marathon for the long haul...

Continue to change me, Lord Jesus, to be fit for Your service in these boys lives. 
Thank You.
 I know You hear my prayers and the work You began, You will complete.


1 comment:

lisa Aguirre said...

I cried..I want God to change me too in how I am with my son. I needed to read this.