January 16, 2011

Gingerbread house kit~

Since about November, when all the Christmas stuff began screaming at us from the shelves of Walmart, Isaac has asked me to buy the gingerbread house kit...and I waited and waited and then Christmas came and went...and so he stopped asking, I suppose, because he figured it wouldn't happen this year...

But today, I perused the JoAnn Fabric store and they had the kits half off!  So, for $5.40, I bought him his kit and since I'm giving them tomorrow off for MLK day, he's planning on making it! 
I called to say I bought him one, finally, and he was so excited! 

This may be the last year that it's a big deal or maybe he's my baker and every year this will be the 'treat' of MLK day!  But, either way, I enjoyed blessing him with a project that's sweet and delicious to his soul...and his tastebuds!

No comments: